Real Estate Law
With over 25 years of experience in the field of Real Estate Law, and over a thousand transactions successfully concluded, we offer comprehensive advice focused on the objectives of the client, and ensuring security and profitability of their investment. Whether investors, promoters or merchants, we offer full support in achieving your objectives in the Spanish market, both on the Peninsula and in the Canary Islands.
Our advice extends to:
- Real estate conveyances, business transfers and timeshare.
- Preparation of rental contracts for premises, shops and homes.
- Urban Planning Law in general, from urban planning licenses and authorizations, to the development of Partial Plans, Urbanization Projects and advice to collaborating urban entities and Compensation Boards.
- Work contracts and real estate promotions.
- Negotiations and comprehensive legal advice for the development and construction of residential and tourist complexes.
- Defense in administrative procedures and resources.
- Mortgages and project financing.
- Our lawyers advise Spanish and international clients, helping them direct their real estate investments and specific projects.
Commercial and Insolvency Law
We advise in all areas of Commercial Law and, especially, in company incorporations, corporate agreements, capital increases, M&As, private equity and venture capital. Our Mercantile team advises national and international clients. We have extensive experience in Insolvency Law.
Some specific areas of work:
- Request and processing of either voluntary and compulsory insolvency proceedings, intervening in all stages of the procedure.
- Voluntary insolvency files of natural persons in order to avoid the loss of private assets.
- Establishment of companies and businesses.
- Incorporation of Spanish companies, branches or subsidiaries of foreign companies in Spain.
- M&As and Spin-offs.
- National and international commercial contracting
- Private Equity and Venture Capital.
- Foundations Law.
- Advice on matters related to companies’ ordinary traffic.
- Performance of the functions of Secretary of the Board of Directors.
We will advise you on the contractual structures necessary to optimize the management of all your business relationships.
We advise on the negotiation with all parties affected by insolvency or business distress frames (financial entities, workers, public bodies, creditors, etc.), either through alternative solutions to insolvency, or through insolvency proceedings.
We advise our clients in all scenarios of relationship with the Public Administration, both at local, autonomical, state and European level, especially in applications for licenses as well as in contentious-administrative procedures.
Some areas of expertise in administrative law are:
- Presentation of files and applications for obtaining licenses, authorizations, competitions and public calls.
- Appeals against administrative acts, disciplinary proceedings and acts of denial of applications.
- Coastal Law.
- Action of responsibility of the Administration.
Our experience in the field of civil law is focused on advising national and international clients about obligations and contracts, inheritance law, communities of owners, and civil liability.
Among others, we have extensive experience in the following areas:
- Drafting, negotiation and resolution of contracts, conventions and agreements.
- Advice on the preparation of wills and inheritance adjudications, in close collaboration with our tax law department.
- Constitution of communities of owners and advice on their operation, adoption and execution of agreements and drafting of minutes.
- Civil liability: general civil liability, civil liability derived from traffic accidents, civil liability derived from crimes, etc.
Our firm has lawyers with extensive procedural experience in Courts and Tribunals of all jurisdictions, who have achieved significant successes in obtaining favorable judgments for our clients. The work of our team of lawyers exhaustively studies the difficulties and characteristics of each issue, informing the client of the problems and risks that may arise as well as the costs and times, offering at all times adequate, practical and focused advice.
Some of our areas of expertise are the following:
- Claims for amounts of various kinds.
- Resolution and breach of civil and commercial contracts.
- Claims for damages.
- Consumer defense actions especially in the banking sector: swaps, preferentials and floor clauses.
- Debt claims for non-payment of fees to communities of owners.
- Processes criminal sanctions for economic crimes.
- Defence of foreign citizens before all jurisdictions
- Urban leases: eviction procedures (non-payment of rents, precarious).